Krafty Kritter

Sunday, February 19, 2006

First Post

Hi Everyone! I've decided to separate my blog into two...keep the Livejournal for family-type posts, and put my craft stuff on this one. I'll be cross-posting when I post on either site.

To start with, I want to post this baby blanket I made recently for my best friend Cindi's new baby boy!! It's done in Tunisian Crochet Entralac:

Entrelac blanket

I love this stitch. I'm thinking that a blanket for my sister's wedding gift is going to be next, after the Loom Knitting Olympics are over!

Here's a detail of the blanket, so you can get a better idea of how it looks:

Entrelac blanket detail

Ah, now that's I've photographed and posted, I can finally mail it out!

3 Comments:

  • Ooo, I love that! I recently purchased a Tunisian Entrelac booklet, but haven't tried it yet. I must find time!!!!

    By Blogger Deb, at 7:31 AM  

  • i've dabbled with tc, but i can't picture the concept behind the entrelac. i'm totally impressed.

    charl in miami

    By Blogger Charlotte E. Karlan, at 9:26 PM  

  • that is beatiful!
    I have been rocking my brain to create what is called a true entrelac which is done in stockinette stitch and the diamonds going in opposite direction as in the knitted version of entrelac. I finally was able to achieve the directional goal but I had to start in the corner of the piece. I do not like it, the stockinette is either horizontal or vertical, I want it slanted to the sides. There isn't much out there about this technique. I found a blogger who created it but he references the book instead of the instructions. I cannot afford the book and shipping :(

    any thoughts?
    Thanks a million

    By Blogger Misifu, at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home